Week 10, 22 Oct

This week, I spent 2 days for debugging and touching up my PCB. Some connections are not soldered probably. I also found that for power and ground, I should apply the soldering iron as wide as possible to reduce noise.

For the rest of the week, I started on my firmware, trying out with the bluetooth part and also the PWM configuration.

PWM
I tried to apply different duty cycle to the system to investigate the range of duty cycle that the motor can operate at. The motor can only operate when sufficient voltage is applied to it. The duty cycle that it starts turning is 35%.

Bluetooth
By adding a piece of initialization code into the program, I am able to use the Bluetooth as a serial port to control my control system. This appears to be quite important because it is a tool for me to debug my firmware as well.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License